Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Wow, What a Storm!


I am only about 12 hours late creating this post. And contrary to my colleague, Robert Gilbert of The Press Coverage Report's opinion, I do not have any photos to share of today's snow -- ice -- day. Unlike the greater midwest -- Illinois, Michigan, Iowa, Kansas, Texas -- region, my neck of the woods received mainly ice...and plenty of it.

My evening started out with a walk to the local market to pick up a few things I wasn't able to carry back on Monday night, and turned out to be quite a trip. The weather was mostly a nuisance and hadn't really set in. However, the thin slick of ice on all the roads and in the parking lots was quite the obstacle to be reckoned with.

Somehow I managed to stay on both feet for the duration of the trek there and back. Later in the evening, I had the bright idea -- actually it wasn't so bad for me -- to go out again for a cup of coffee. So I did. And I did get some photos with the camera on the Blackberry...That being said, the Blackberry had a fit and popped up with some foreign error code that I had never experienced in my life: "JVM error 102."

It turns out this was some kind of corrupt file in my phone, which I spent from midnight until 6:30 in the morning trying to remedy.

To make a long story short, I eventually solved the problem by "wiping the slate clean," and reloading the operating system into the phone...That means I have to contact everyone I know who was in my contacts and get their phone numbers again.

At any rate, I did manage a few pictures between Tuesday morning and Tuesday evening...

The mall walk on campus


This was satellite imagery of Tuesday night's approaching storm.
This was dinner...and it was good. :-)
Tuesday morning before the night storm.
...AND skating -- er...sliding.

Trekking out for coffee.
So as you can see, it wasn't comparable to what Robert received in Illinois, but the resulting weather was bad enough that school officials canceled classes for today and tonight...Which I appreciate, because I didn't sleep very much last night -- er, this morning.

1 comment:

  1. Well I didn't mean to cause any undue pressure to you, Eric, but it seems that you were able to manage quite well anyway!

    It certainly does look like winter everywhere you go right now.

    Cheers!

    Robert Gilbert / www.presscoveragereport.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to make your opinion heard! Please remember to keep it clean and civil, or your comment will not be posted!